Medical Office Specialist
Department Client Financial Services
Location Valparaiso, IN
Performs a variety of administrative duties and client assistance.
- Provides clerical support for the medical office.
- Answers and redirects telephone calls.
- Maintains medical staff/department schedules and calendars.
- Performs check-in and check-out of clients.
- Receives payments from clients for co-pays and payments on account.
- Customer Service: Provides high-quality customer service by meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients; understands our customer’s needs and uses this information to prioritize what the organization must do to fulfill them.
- Quality of Work: Consistently demonstrates competency in all aspects of the position, including a strong commitment to ethical practice; completes work with integrity in an efficient and effective manner; develops and contributes ideas to enhance the quality of service provided in the department and organization.
- Quantity of Work: Meets or exceeds established work deadlines; uses time and resources appropriately; meets production goals and objectives.
- Compliance: Adheres to department and organizational policies and procedures; keeps current knowledge of compliance standards and regulations; timely, accurately and thoroughly completes required documentation.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorts, organizes, reviews and scans documents following the standards and procedures of the organization and the system used by the department.
- Data entry of information using the appropriate format and agency guidelines.
- Coordinates and communicates information with internal and external customers.
- Flags client appointments for HAP’s
- Makes appointment reminder calls to new clients.
- Performs deposit of office cash receipts
- Contacts, schedules appointments and processes paperwork for referrals.
- Initiates ROI forms for info requested by medical staff from other providers
- Scans documents and insurance cards.
- Coordinates client requests for ROI and form completion.
- Monitors no-shows/cancellations and sends letters to clients as appropriate
- Requests/tracks needed health records.
- Receives, sorts, forwards office mail.
- Communicates in-patient consultation requests to medical staff.
- Maintains updated medical staff schedules and on-call calendar.
- Formulates reports for the department, associated committees and reports as requested.
- Provides clerical support (copying, collating, form completion) for medical staff.
- Copies agency-wide e-mail notices for medical staff.
- Maintains adequate supplies inventory (office, charting, etc.).
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the abilities, skills and knowledge to effectively perform the job responsibilities, duties and procedure; receptive to learning new skills; participates in on-going training and professional development.
- Risk Management: Consistently observes prescribed safety rules and practices; corrects or reports all hazards that may cause an accident; follows established work procedures for assigned tasks.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance requirements; practices proper call-off procedures and informs others of absences.
- Teamwork: Establishes positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, clients and the public; willingly accepts assignments; cooperates with others towards common objectives; volunteers for organizational and community activities and projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- A certificate or degree from a vocational or technical school preferred.
- One to three months related experience and/or training is preferred.
Required Certification/License: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, sit, stand, speak and walk.
- The employee must occasionally climb, reach, stoop, crouch, handle and kneel when filing or copying.
- The employee is occasionally required to handle, lift, carry, push or pull items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Close vision and the ability to adjust focus are required.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
APPLY NOW to join our team!