Department Community Support Services
Location Valparaiso, IN
Provides vocational opportunities and helps coordinate job placement for individuals who suffer from a severe and persistent mental illness within the community.
Vital Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides supported employment services.
- Helps clients find and keep competitive employment that is consistent with their vocational goals.
- Plans, organizes, and provides a variety of group therapy experiences for those clients whose treatment plan calls for same.
- Provides education in skills training.
- Assists client in personal financial administration.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions and crisis interventions.
- Provides documentation of interventions per department standards.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Assists clients in meeting their treatment goals.
- Attends all trainings in order to learn about the affects earned income has on benefits, work incentives, client rights under the ADA, best practices for supported employment, and other trainings assigned by Coordinator. Travel may be required.
- Actively develops and maintains positive relationship with employers through the community, Vocational Rehabilitation Services, and other social service agencies.
- Learns job task to a satisfactory level of performance.
- Works in a team setting to manage a case load consisting of individuals receiving any of the residential services, outreach services, or monitoring services necessary to help them live within the community.
- Understands the role of Vocational Rehabilitation Services and is able complete VR documentation and requirements.
- Learns and trains client on job duties in order for the client to reach
es a satisfactory level of performance. Continues training and job coaching as needed.
- Completes electronic medical record documentation as required.
- Drives and transports clients.
The staff member must demonstrate knowledge of:
The staff member must demonstrate skills in:
- Therapeutic interventions with seriously and persistently mentally ill adults.
- Signs and symptoms of psychiatric disorders.
- Job development and job coaching skills.
- Effect of employment on client benefits, and on psychological stability.
- Locating, coordinating and accessing appropriate services and entitlements for client.
- Criteria for enrollment and appropriate regulations to assist clients in maintaining compliance with program guidelines.
- Vocational Rehabilitation role, documentation, and requirements.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing the needs of seriously and persistently mentally ill adults.
- Building and maintaining therapeutic rapport with assigned clients.
- Developing, implementing and coordinating work experiences.
- Identifying resources available to clients in career decision making.
- Communicating and building partnerships with businesses in the community.
- Advocating for client's needs.
- Typing and basic computer usage.
- Connects clients to available community resources and acts as an advocate for clients.
- Coordinates care with internal and external providers.
- Create group materials, as needed Attends staffings, clinical supervision, in-services and staff meetings.
- Attends staffings, clinical supervision, in-services and staff meetings.
Maintains credentials as required by certifying/licensing body. Participates in professional development and in-service programs as required by position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, sociology or related human services field required.
- Two years of experience in vocational training/ coaching preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, speak and sit.
- The employee must occasionally stand, walk, reach, handle, drive and climb stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet.
APPLY NOW to join our team!