Job Title: Guest Services Supervisor
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: General Manger
Performs daily front desk duties, along with supervising the Guest Services team and maintaining the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures guest satisfaction is the #1 focus of all team members
- Training of all new Guest Service Representatives
- Assist with the hiring of Guest Services Representatives
- Manage Guest Services Department schedule - creating schedule and managing changes
- Provide weekly memo and reminder memos for Guest Services team
- Prepare monthly Guest Services Department meeting
- Order and monitor office supplies
- Sundries shop ordering and inventory
- Monitor and enter rooming lists
- Enter payment arrangements within groups (entering direct bill in reservations or credit cards)
- Prepare for group arrivals
- Take after hours phone calls from Guest Services team
- Manage Review Express with Trip Advisor
- Monitor cash drawer and vaults
- Monitor the daily behaviors and appearance of Guest Service team and coach and/or compliment as needed
- Other duties as needed
Scope of Responsibility:
In addition to performing front desk duties, supervisor responsibilities include supervising the Guest Services team, keeping the staff adequately trained and performing managerial duties if other managers are away.
Make decisions regarding our Guest Services team, the satisfaction of our guests, and of course, make decisions which are within the overall best interest of the hotel.
Has authority over Guest Services team and hotel responsibilities. Discusses disciplinary actions with the General Manager.
Strong communication skills; including the ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people and guests.
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: College Diploma
Proficient with the computer and able to pick-up on new software quickly.
Preferred: Front desk experience or other experience in the hospitality field.
Licenses or Certificates:
Valid Driver's License
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Eastland Suites and Snyder standards.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to carry items weighing up to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with the whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Ability to move about.
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Valid Driver’s License
- Appearance – All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed professional appearance.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.