Job Title: Hotel Maintenance Technician - Eastland Suites Hotel
Reports To: Maintenance Director
The Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance duties with an emphasis on quality and preventative maintenance. Repairs and maintains hotel’s physical plant in accordance with company standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, safety and security.
- Adhere to hotel’s preventative maintenance program.
- Assist with grounds keeping and maintaining a clean, kept appearance of the hotel exterior.
- Assist with special projects and renovations when needed.
- Perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include painting, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include light fixtures, etc.
- Will drive the hotel shuttle when the Front Desk Agents are unavailable to do so. May occasionally have to drive the 25 passenger bus.
- Other duties as directed by hotel managers.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Perform preventative maintenance as directed.
- Resolve minor maintenance issues quickly and effectively.
- Maintain pool cleanliness and proper chemical levels.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Weekend coverage is required.
- Take part in an on call rotation and be able to respond to after hour calls promptly and be on the property within 20 minutes.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Ability to maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Can effectively handle problems in the workplace including anticipating, preventing and solving problems as necessary.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, pool and general repair skills.
- Issues relating to the administration and operating aspects of the hotel as it relates to the maintenance department.
- Has limited authority to handle customer service related issues.
- Does not direct the activities of staff or a function unless directed to do so.
Strong communication skills; including the ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people and guests.
Required: High School Diploma/GED
Required: General Maintenance
Preferred: Painting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool, landscaping, prior hotel maintenance experience.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Valid Driver’s License that meets company driving record policy.Must be able to obtain a class C CDL with bus endorsement, and obtain CDL medical card.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Must be able to frequently walk and climb/descend stairs approximately 50% of the time.
- Must be able to climb and work from a ladder.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example use of small repair tools.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance and a maximum of 140 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to periodically kneel, crawl, and twist torso as needed to accomplish required tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with extreme temperature and noise ranges
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
Click the link to apply https://jobs.ecipay.com/prod/net/EmpApp/JobList.aspx?ID=XULj5QnI8qhXzCM4yNDDQA%3d%3d
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.